Dragon Naturally Speaking e-Learning - Training

Friday, March 1, 2013

Capita awarded extended contract for Civil Service training

Capita plc has announced that the Cabinet Office has extended its contract to exclusively manage the provision of training across the Civil Service for a further two years from February 2014 to the end of March 2016.

As  result of the announcement, the support solutions provider anticipates that it will generate revenues of at least £30m per annum over the two year extension.

The initial 11 months of the contract has seen Capita directly deliver 41 per cent of training with the remaining 59 per cent procured on the open market compared to the 49/51 contractual obligation. The contract was also targeted to broaden the involvement of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) across Government and to date the majority (72 per cent) of open market training delivered has been by SMEs.

Paul Pindar, Capita plc chief executive, said: "In the current contract's first 11 months it generated significant savings for Civil Service departments. More than half of all courses were procured on the open market, nearly three quarters from small and medium (SME) training providers. The extended contract will enable a wider range of public sector organisations to access quality learning and development services, which provide value for money and support the delivery of excellent public service, from June onwards. 

"Combining innovative, blended learning solutions, including face to face, online and specialist courses, managed by Capita, the public sector can look forward to a substantially more efficient process for procuring learning services." Jerry Arnott, director of Civil Service Learning, said: "The move to a common curriculum of learning, focused around business needs, is a key part of the Civil Service Reform plan which is creating a stronger, more unified Civil Service, equipped to deal with the challenges ahead.

"More than 320,000 individual civil servants are already using the new service to help them develop the skills they need - and more are coming online every day. Evaluation results are excellent with 96 per cent of learners who attend a classroom event agreeing that it met the published objectives and 91 per cent saying they have already put the learning into action in their work."


View the original article here

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links To This Post :

Create a Link

<< Home